Monday, December 19, 2005

Funny southerners...

I was looking through some of the fark.com postings and ran across this hilarious posting (ebay link here). That is simply awesome. But quite intriguing that its in Georgia, which makes me laugh more.

I was watching this nice show that I downloaded of course. Its called Doc Martin, a BBC show. I would call it a cross between House and in a way Everwood. Its about this big annoying surgeon who is going to be a general practicioner in a small british town. The first episode is quite funny, and I thought 'i would rather have a slight british accent that my damn southern accent any day'. Why? I don't know, I guess some southern accents get on my nerves. The typical rednecky accent of a person who does not know how to pronounce all of the sylabils in a word, its not very endearing. Although some of the 'southern belles' do have an attractive accent its hardly the typical 'rednecky' accent.

Now, I'm a Bush supporter but that does not mean that I have to agree with everything he says and does. I am very much against the patriot act extention, while Bush is adamantly pushing it get extended. I think its an unfair infrindgement on US citizens civil liberties and should be stopped. In the 200+ years before now we have never had to do such a thing to protect America from outside forces. Since when do we need to take it to a new level? He says September 11th does. Well, it exposed our weakness. Now, don't take this the wrong way but in sports you can see a loss as exposing your weakness and it can make a team better. It showed us that the USA has been much too complacant in the spy game. So much so that we had the information but we were too damn lazy to sift through it and heed its warnings. Now the people have a fire up their @$$'s and can do something. Everyone should contact their senator or representative and tell them your displeasure on a number of points from the patriot act to the broadcast flag to the legistlation which is aimed to close the analog-to-digital loophole. Both of Alabama's senators voted to extend the patriot act by making many of the things in it permanent. PERMANENT PEOPLE!!!! For too few people contact their senator or representative to speak their minds. Why? Because you think what you say doesn't matter? Well, if more people contacted him he would have to listen, else he would lose his job. How? You vote his @$$ out.

Its been nice being finished with classes. I've cleaned off my desk now so I actually have room on it. I have organized my room some so I can actually find stuff now. I finished my Christmas shopping now I think. I gave kc her gifts yesterday when she got in from work. She gave me season 2 and 3 of 24 which is cool and some of the Star Wars M&M figures which I places on my wall. My favorite has to be the yellow M&M as Chewbacca.

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home