Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bwahaha, two down and a joke to go...

Well, I studied all day for my exam at 6pm. I go to class 30 minutes early to sit down and cram the last little bit of programming language design into my head before the typical Langan style exam. So, in walks Dr. Langan and he begins handing out a single sheet of paper to each person. It has our score from the first exam, the second exam and what our final score would be if we chose to keep this and if the final exam would give us enough points to make an A in the class. Well, if your going to give me a choice, i'm not going to take your exam. So, i'll end up with an 87 which is disappointing but I fell in the rut from the beginning mucking up my first exam. So, i'll settle with a B. I should have an A in algorithms (made A's on every exam in there so far).

Now, all I have left is Doran's joke of a final exam for AI. Well, A) its takehome and B) its bobo questions. Questions like:
1) What is AI? What is intelligence?
2) Which area of AI did you find the most innovative? Why? How does it tie together core concepts of CS?
3) What do you think would be an innovative and intelligent project to undertake? Define a problem statement and give a brief justification from the literature to frame your project. What would you exect the results to be and demonstrate?
So, what do you think about that? Sigh.

So, after our 'final' for Langan a couple of us were speaking outside and all of us seemed to agree, Doran = idiot. I cannot wait to put all of the AI lectures online for everyone to listen to, in particular the ones where he speaks about the circullum instead of ummm class.

I'm glad to announce that Jeremy and my project for AI actually worked!!! (sorta) Well, we got it kinda working about 2 minutes before class on tuesday. So, we did two test runs and it worked then we had to go upstairs for class. We watched Chris demo what he had done with the Aibo with his state machine and stuff. Then his dance to Madonna's Vogue which was so cool. Then we went downstairs the the CSCB 100 lab to demo our project. We had to move into there for the white background that Espen used for his thesis (Thanks Espen). After a few days of headaches trying to figure out what the frell is going on. The bobo webcam that Lego sells is a 10 year old logitech webcam which SUCKS. With it automatically adjusting its brightness contrast and stuff we narrowed the scope of where we are trying to find the 'red can'. Like I said, just before class we got it going but it was quite funny. We mounted the RCX (brick) vertically but the flourescent lights put out a lot of UV light which mucks with the IR communication of the bot. So, we had to have the communications tower about 6inches to 1 foot away from the bot. So, I got some RJ11 cables to suspend the tower and one to 'guide' from the side. I had to use a stick to guide the tower over the bot from the side else I would cast a shadow and much up the bot again. So, with that said, it was quite funny during the demonstration. But, all thats left is the damn bobo exam and this semester is in the books.

Peace

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home