Monday, December 05, 2005

I stand by my previous post...

In case you haven't read it, I had a post a couple months back about Bayfest in which I slammed Bo Bice (link back to previous post, Oct 10th to be precise) . Coincidentally, he was on Leno tonight so I thought I would listen to him again, albeit not live, and give him another chance because, according to the fans that posted comments about my blog were totally different from my own take of the situation.

Well, again Bo Bice sucked. Maybe he needs to quit writing his own songs or something, I don't know. He sounded kinda flat and even though he seemed to be getting into the song it just wasn't there. Am I just not moved by his music...I guess. But it still stunk. I would rather drive some 300+ miles to pay and see Butch Walker (thanks for letting me hear some of his tunes) than stay in Mobile for a free Bo Bice concert. Thats what I have to say about that.

Is it getting cold in here or what? Dang, I took Thor out early this morning (9am) and it wasn't too bad. I go to let him out again around noon and dang has it gotten cold. I think this is another one of those winter blasts which keep us grounded. I see all the snow in the northeast and wish for some of that wintery goodness to strike here as soon as the semester is over or maybe when I get home to celebrate the holidays.

I kept hearing today on the news stations something about the democrap (I mean democrat) attack on christmas? Did I miss something here? Whats this all about, I didn't get to hear it well when it was on TV. Thats all for now...

~Kisea

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brian! Bo didn't write 'The Real Thing' - I suggest you get a copy of his album, released December 13, and listen to a few of his originals on that.You may be surprised - they sure don't 'suck' or 'stink'.

And who the hell is Butch Walker anyway?????

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,
Would that Bo could've been allowed to write his own songs; then you might be writing a totally different tone in your "blog." Many of his most rabid fans are finding themselves "torn" because most ofvthe songs on the CD side of the dual disc are NOT written by Bice at all. One is co-written by Bice, that I can think of at this moment.
These are watered-down songs obviously directed at a pop-oriented audience. Bice's forte' is song-writing and you and most of the music world have NOT heard his songs and you are not qualified to critique what you have NOT heard. Those who have heard his songs have gone crazy over them and just can't get enough. RCA's marketing plan goes against everything I learned in college. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel, Brian. The dvd side of the dual disc DOES contain three or four of Bice's songs. All original and you should and really owe it to Bice, his fans and yourself to listen to these and THEN post your comments about his song writing and his music. Only then will you have the material to critique.

I would be interested to know exactly what type of music you feel is good enough (in your mind at least) not to stink, suck and good enough to be on the airwaves.

Most I hear does belong on the trash heap. Bice has been long-awaited for many music fans and you might be surprised at how well he sells and how huge his following is. How do you like crow, Brian?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

You don't know who Butch Walker is? Well its not surprising, but he was in a band called the Marvelous 3 which had one big hit "freak of the week". But has since gone solo. I have become a big fan of his music and songwriting skills. I really want to make one of his concerts. www.butchwalker.com

I have quite a broad range of musical interest. I enjoy things from country to speed metal to techno to classical to you name it. However, what I thoroughly enjoy is accoustic sets, that is where you really tell how good a band/performer is. Maybe I have Bo wrong but every time I hear his music it gets turned off.

I have been so furious with local radio that I made sure to invest in a good mp3 ready cd player so I don't have to listen to the trash they are playing over the airwaves. I'll either listen to one of my collection discs which is full of accoustic sets or even listen to an audiobook.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home