Monday, December 12, 2005

One down, two to go..

So, I took Hain's final tonight and it didn't hurt that bad. I guess being the 4th final i've had with him you eventually get used to it or finally figure out how he tests. Either way its over and no more Performance Evaluation of Algorithms for me.

Jeremy and I worked on our lame legobot. It reminds me how much I sometimes hate Java. Its such a burden trying work on outdate machines with little memory. I mean we are trying to do some image processing on 600MHz machines with 256MB of RAM running Windows XP. Now, you are probably asking why image processing in Java...well we (when I say we I mean Jeremy) already had some code for it in Java and the C version of the Lego stuff hasn't been tested nor are we familar with it. So, we decided to stay with Lejos. We are close and if we can get a machine which is a bit more, ummm, up to date, we could probably have it going in no time. We demo tomorrow and I don't think we can get a PC set up with what we need and make the necessary changes in time for class. So, this is a bit of a bummer. I'll post some pics of the bot and grabber arm we built later this week hopefully.

Tomorrow, I have Langan's class then Wednesday I have Langan's final. So, lets all hope that its not too bad cause I feel totally unprepared for it as of right now.

~Kisea

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the robot works thank you very much. Two minutes before class, but working none the less. A combination of ideas was defently needed for this one.

-MadDogGTO

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home