Tuesday, December 06, 2005

An inside look at the possible new CS requirements...

Well, I finally got ahold of one of the draft versions of the new requirements for CSC specialization. Note that there are now 3 intro courses before you get to 120/121. CIS 110 has been replaced I think with CIS 100, then we have the freshmen seminar CIS 101. Then another new class, CIS 115 intro to problem solving and programming... I find that funny. Now CSC 311 is a core course called networking and communications which I thought was 321 but CIS 321 is still there with the same name. CSC 324 Database concepts is a core course but its not the same ole course, its supposedly more geared for CS majors somehow, ill try to find out more. Software engineering has been renumbered and is no longer a PC course, its CSC 331 and its a writing course, I don't remember if it was before. Then finally CSC 434 Formal language and automata theory is no longer a core course but is now an elective. Here are the pages I promised:
NOTE: there are about 2 more rounds of possible changes left before these are finalized.


Now that is out of the way. I thought my previous post about Katrina and New Orleans would be my last (at least for quite a while), but I guess not. I was signing out of my hotmail account when low and behold I see the headline on msn "Katrina victims speak out", and of course I had to see what they said. The first paragraph was just stupid:
Black survivors of Hurricane Katrina said Tuesday that racism contributed to the slow disaster response, at times likening themselves in emotional congressional testimony to victims of genocide and the Holocaust.
They have never been part of genocide nor the holocaust. Likening themselves to people who have is an utterly disrespectful act.

More utterly obsurd remarks were
“I was on my front porch,” Diane Cole French said at the hearings. “I have witnesses that they bombed the walls of the levee.”
So, we decided to just blow up the levees to kill all of these people in New Orleans to just have to fork out the taxpayers, OUR, money to rebuild it again. This is totally obsurd and insane, she must have been on something. If you watch the video accompanying the article you will hear that she didn't even see the levee break or the 'bombing'. Anyway just watch and read here.

I have no sympathy for these people any more. I am sympathetic towards the people on the Mississippi coast and Alabama coast, but NOT for New Orleans. It was a mandatory evacuation, if you really wanted to get out, there is always a way to get out. You don't shoot at helecopters trying to bring aid and rescue people who desperately need help just because they are not helping you immediately. Just because your coming off of cocaine or crystal meth or whatever doesn't mean you can shoot and loot things such as 42" plasma televisions. You can't eat a plasma tv! I'm sorry, I think i'm getting the same thoughts in my head as Chris and Big Joe Duke, we should level the place with a nuke and write it off. Those people are looking for handouts from the government and will never (and has never) done anything which required effort to try and better themselves. We keep giving them handouts, and they keep bitching to get more handouts. Go away...

~Kisea

PS. Almost forgot to post this, but Thursday is the second part of the multipart Python workshop. I dont remember what this one is on exactly but ill try to get that up tomorrow. Its Thursday December 8th at 3:30 in FCE19 (same room as last time). Mr. Howard Whitston presiding again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home