Saturday, September 10, 2005

Distractions

I had written up a nice post last night but when I went to publish it blogger was down and I lost the entire post :( So here is my attempt to recreate that one.

Distractions...Espen and Julie are heading back to Norway and I wanted to have a good time Thursday night with them for the last Picklefish celebration but guess what happens? My truck decided not to start again. I installed a new starter last Friday (2nd of September) and it worked fine until Thursday night when I was leaving class for Picklefish. So, I take a walk with my backpack from the CIS department to Picklefish, which isn't that far but I have this notebook which weights about 10lbs plus accessories, books, notebook, etc. But its not that bad, at least i'm not wading around in the toxic soup that is New Orleans right now. So, I get to Picklefish for a jolly time and no one is there yet. So I talk to Courtney and she cheers me up some. Cbot comes in and starts talking about her new job. Kacey and Kenny come and bring cheesecake for the Norge's and quite tasty cheesecake at that. We have our conversations of WoW, CoH and blooooooooooooooogggggggg. Then it started to get sad and one by one some people left and the realization that no more Espen at Picklefish, I mean what is he thinking? After conversion gas is about $7/gallon, beer is about $6/glass, Norway has adopted a Penguin into their army and given it the rank of General but the penguin isn't even in Norway its in Scotland!?! Well Espen and Julie, you will be missed...I guess we'll have to adopt a new foreigner to pick on.

After Picklefish, I got to drive Espen's stealth back to the house. Now that was truely an honor...and that thing drove wonderfully. I've never driven a 5-speed car all I have driven have been manual trucks which are totally different beasts with different clutches and longer shifters. It felt really nice to get on it and catch a couple gears. I cut the drive short because I knew if I drove much farther I would have to impulsively go buy one. Which, damn you Espen, I may still have to do.

After reluctantly allowing Espen to leave with his car, I had kc take me and my tools over to my truck to see if I could coax it into starting. After fiddling with it for about 30-45 minutes taking the wires off the starter and repositioning them and tightening them back up it started and drove it home. Still driving it, so my hypothesis is that its a grounding problem.

Today is BJD's "get the F out of Mobile, you dirty Norge's" party complete with ribs and BYOB. Can't wait for tonight at 6pm directions are here (limited time offer only).

Sorry for the lack of updates recently but, like I said....damn distractions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug Porter said...

You forgot to mention the redhead that came in that looked strangely familiar that approached your table like she knew you. Only after further examination did it turn out to be Cbot in her grown up clothes and makeup :-)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

Yes, I totally forgot that one, thanks for mentioning that...

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home