Friday, August 26, 2005

Females....

Female storms that is....

Well, all eyes are watching the Gulf of Mexico for the next few days as Hurricane Katrina has decided to try and hit the bullseye that aparently is hovering over Mobile. Ivan tried but missed eastwardly yet still caused some damage. Dennis tried again and also missed eastwardly and did pretty much nothing here from what I could tell. Now the female storm known as Katrina is going to take her shot. As of 11PM EDT the National Hurricane Center projects the Hurricane making landfall near the Mississippi/Louisiana state line. Which is better than the projected path of 3 hrs ago, then it had it coming in near Biloxi Mississippi which I have read is the worst case scenario for Mobile putting the worst winds and storm surge right on us.

Now i'm not too thrilled about this, I don't want to drive all the way back to Cullman yet again for it to miss Mobile yet again and when that happens I have to rush back to Mobile so I can make class the next day. The school let out at 1pm on Thursday, Ivan hit on Saturday night/Sunday morning IIRC (if i recall correclty) and classes were back in session on Monday or something like that. I mean come on people, when I drove down from Cullman I stopped at 4 consecutive exits and finally could get gasoline at exit 130 because they were running on a generator. I know that Mobile supposed to be 'used to hurricanes' but if you evacuate 300 miles away with all the damage Ivan did, its hard to get back to classes so soon afterwards.

So, lets all hope that no matter where Katrina hits, it doesn't cause too much damage and spares lives. If it hits near New Orleans it could be awefull for them since NO is below sea level and relies on pumps to keep it from flooding. No matter which way it goes nor where it hits, its going to cause damage. I just hope to finish my degree before one comes through and flattens our house down here.

So, as the readers of Cbot's blog knows, I helped her and Espen move her desks and junk today. I like her brothers house, but I would prefer to make a few changes. Subtile but changes nonetheless. Big Joe Duke came by while I was there to survey the back yard, he seemed to have a gleam in his eye. While Cbot's brother is hermitish, it would seem that he would be willing to help clean the yard. But what do I know...

If anyone in the Mobile area who has is willing to put up with a possible 'storm rider outer' let me know, cause I am not very confident in my house. I joke that its held together by termites, yet it may be more accurate than both you and I know. In addition to that, we have two very large pine trees which lean towards our house and two more trees which could be blown over onto our house quite easily. I have movies, pc games, console games and board games if one would put up with my presence if the need to seek shelter arises :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you can stay with me..

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya'll can stay with me, if Thor stays solely in the blue room...
then again.. i have to ask the hermit...

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home