Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Picking up after Katrina....

Well, I return home from Cbot's house to find our house damaged, sorry I don't have photos to post currently but they are coming. I drove up and parked and just sat there for a good 15 minutes just not believing my eyes. We were very fortunate, I know this and I thank God for sparing us as much as he did.

When I returned home I saw the top of a pine tree in the front yard, resting normally where the hood of my truck would be. Beyond that, I noticed the double window in kc's room missing and sitting on the ground in front of her room. I look up and see a limb split in half yet still hanging down and touching the roof. As I draw closer I look into the room to see the damage to it and see a limb in the roof and the other end resting on the floor underneath where kc's computer chair rests. So, I continue my walk around the house either the same pine tree cap or a limb from another tree had fallen on the car port and had calpsed half of it. I continue walking around the house expecting to see more damage and, thankfully, only find the typical broken limbs and brush in the back yard *big sigh of relief*. I then open the door and it only opens about 1/3 of the way, so I shimmy my way in to surmise the damage. The split limb had poked a hole in the roof just inside the door, dumping ceiling tiles, insulation, and pine straw into the livingroom area. After getting a hoe and getting the stuff out of the way and into the yard I open both the front door and back door to let some light in. I enter kc's room to surmise the damage further and notice the limb through the roof could have seriously hurt someone if there were sitting at the computer. It needs to be noted here that a mere 6 inches or so beside said limb was kc's new machine all safe and sound covered by a trash bag.

Kc's room sustained little water damage considering there was a gaping hole in the wall and a limb through the roof. The matress and box springs were obviously soaked and were about to begin smelling. The rug was wet also, I think the computer chair was wet also but uncertain. Some of the stuff underneath the bed was wet but undamaged. Other stuff on her desk were dirty from insulation and possibly a little wet but again undamaged. All in all, very fortunate.

Well, thanks to Cbot and her brother for putting up with me for another night and sharing some bandwidth so I can get this posted for everyone to see that i'm alive and kicking. Like I said, pics are coming of the devestation of the homestead.

Good ridance Katrina, and God bless all of those affected and those that are pitching a helping hand to those unfortunate.

-Kisea

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those chics are cool :)~

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home