Saturday, August 27, 2005

Katrina, CoH, and K-mart....what a day

Well, it seems that Katrina, according to the National Hurricane Center, is eyeing New Orleans to be its welcome mat to the US. Thats fine by me just as long as it doesn't get too close to the coast and say "wait a minute, the bullseye is over Mobile not New Orleans..." *adjust course* One of the Dr.'s of the Meteorology department at USA seems to think that it may strengthen to Category 5 status and possibly make a 'jog to the east' towards the end a la Ivan. So we get to play the waiting game, or in my case City of Heroes.

On the note of CoH, its been a pretty fun game and I don't know if the lack of inventory and equipment part of the game is good or bad. One of the big draws for WoW after you get to the hightest level is better equipment. While CoH has the enhancements to your powers, so in stead of striving away at finding those 0.0000000000000000001% drop Epic items in WoW you can get in and play. I don't know how this affects the game play because I have not been one to play a game with a monthly subscription. It seems that if I were to pay a monthly subscription fee, then I want to see a more dynamic world and quests. This was something that they had envisioned for the now defunct game Wish (long story short, about a week into the first beta it bellyfloped bad). So I have one more week to decide 'shall I keep this for a bit longer or not.'

Tomorrow is the season finale's of The 4400 and The Dead Zone. While i'm not sure if this is technically the season finale or midseason break, because normally The Dead Zone picks back up around January with some new episodes...something I must look into. Kaylee (Jewel Stait from Firefly) was on last nights episode of Stargate: Atlantis. I finally noticed that she was a talented actress (because she was wearing ugly makeup). I knew she did a good job on Firefly, but there have been many actors and actresses who made an appearance in Buffy or Angel and it has been the only shining part of their career (not saying Joss Whedon can make anyone look good, he sure does know how to write and get the performance he wants from people).

One last thing, if there is a K-Mart near you GO. They have some pretty good discounts right now as they are trying to get rid of most everything in preparation of becoming 'Sears Essentials.' I picked up a hydrolic floor jack with 2 jack stands and 2 wheel chocks for $32 (previous price after another markdown was $67). They had 20% off console games too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home