Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Arrangements

Well, yesterday my aunt went with my mom and I to the funeral home so we could help her make the arrangements since none of us have ever done something like this before. So, the service is going to be held at McCracken funeral home in Cullman on Friday at 2pm.

We then had to do some quick shopping for appropriate clothing for this since all of my formal wear is in Mobile now. After that we went back to my aunts house and mom and I worked on cleaning up for a while since we knew that there would be many people coming and going over the next few days. After I ran across some of Dale's stuff I had to stop for a while and just go sit outside with Brittany and Trenton.

I didn't really understand before why people brought so much food when something like this happens but now I guess I have gained some perspective on it and it makes sense. When mom and I left there was starting to be quite a bit of food starting to accumulate.

Mom and I went home cause we were so tired and needed a nap. Once we got home she had some more phone calls to make. Eventually, I just passed out on the couch for a few hours. Don't know if mom got a nap or not. Then I woke up to a news report about some storms blowing through the area with straight line winds up to 60 or 70MPH.

I watched House MD last night on Fox and it was a pretty good episode. One of the shows on TV I actually try to carve time out of my schedule to watch. Tonight is a new episode of Lost.

Thor typically prefers to sleep in my room and most times on the bed with me. Over the last two days I think he can sense something is wrong and has been very good. I don't think he has ever been as cuddly as he was last night and this morning. I really think he has been a huge help to me and mom to try and get our minds off of the whole situation.

Well, time to go do something other than sit in front of this computer and type...

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home