Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I hate late night calls...

I hate late night calls because you never know what they are about. It could be a friend needing a boost because of a dead battery. It could be someone calling about a project due in a few days or hours. It could be some random wrong number.

But not this one. This is one of those calls you don't expect, you don't want, and you never want to listen to or believe. This call was to tell me that my best friend is no longer with us. He was the closest thing to a brother I ever had. I keep playing over in my head that maybe I could have done something before and it wouldn't have happened even though everyone keeps telling you that there was nothing you could do.

I can't explain what I feel for my Aunt and Uncle, his parents. A very emotion rich part of The Two Towers comes to mind here, where Theoden talks to Gandalf about his son and says something along the lines of "...a parent should never have to bury their son..."

So, those of you out there please say a prayer for my aunt, uncle and their son. They really need them.

My 'Bro', i'm going to miss you.

Brian

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like a cliche, but deepest condolences Brian. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While no one knows what you are going through because its personal, just know that I also asked myself those exact questions when Crystal died.

Give it time. The world won't ever be the same but you will find solace in your family and friends.

If you want anyone to hang with to just watch TV or do whatever let me know.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

Thanks, just keep mom, my aunt and uncle, and the kids in your prayers.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home