Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Student advisory council time...

So, Thursday morning is the Student Advisory Council meeting with the Dean and Chairs of the CIS department. I know myself and Jeremy have been tapped from the student body and I will have to wait and see about the rest of the 'council'.

Why do I always get a creepy feeling when I am supposed to meet with the dean? Well, I could probably answer that pretty easily but I will not put that on my blog. If you want to know, then ask me at Picklefish...and buy me a beer while your at it.

So, its tuesday and I was thinking what I want to discuss with them if they even listen to me. So, as some of you reading this have graduated/is going to graduate/have taken classes in CIS then email me or leave me some comments by Wednesday night at midnight about some of your thoughts on the department and the curriculum. Maybe you will help stimulate something in my mind.

So, now that is out of the way its RANT TIME!!!

I ordered some shirts from think geek last week. I selected my shipping and everything and got my tracking number. So, DHL picked up my package in NJ and headed out towards Mobile with my precious shirts in tow. They arrive here in Mobile and were on the truck to be delivered. Needless to say, I was quite anxious to get them. So, when I got home from school the package was not on my doorstep. I do my usual things around the house and eventually get to my email where my tracking number resides. I check it and it was updated with "Package delivered successfully to USPS". I was puzzled and had that puzzled look on my face. I even did the typical dog-tilt-head-looking-puzzled pose that animals do when they are intrigued or thinking 'WTF Mate?!?'.

Apparently the DHL @Home delivery method is they act as intermediary from the shipper to your local USPS. Then from there the good ole USPS is relied upon to deliver your package. So, back to my story now. USPS received my package on Wednesday April 5th yet I still have not received it. I got a number to USPS to check on my package from DHL but it doesn't do me squat since its not one of their numbers. This is really ticking me off. So, I would have to recommend staying away from DHL @Home service if you can, its the devil I tell you!

End of RANT.

BTW, Crawfish boil at Mark McCleary's house. Its an ACM event off campus so we can hang out and cut up as we wish. If you don't like Crawfish then there are other options such has hot dogs, sausages and veggies. As for me, I am seriously considering getting a good steak to grill. So, if you want to go eat crawfish to your hearts delight or if you are like me and want to bring your own grilling material, or just want to hang out to drink some beers (BYOB) and maybe even play some console games then email me and i'll send you the info. Several of the faithful readers should have it in either their inbox or maybe it fell into your spam box (tisk tisk). Just reply to Mark to RSVP so he can get enough crawfish or to just let him know your coming but you don't like those mudcrawlers but you want to hang nonetheless.

Peace out
~Kisea

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Porter said...

One beer coming up.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home