Monday, April 03, 2006

Shiny new threads....

I guess you could consider it multithreaded, but not in the way most of us nerds would first associate the word. I trekked out with the intentions of purchasing a sports jacket for my dress getup. Being a person who is lacking in those genes which helps a person choose clothing which would be considered 'professional' or 'formal' I asked two women to accompany me in this endevour.

So, I was racking my brain about who should I get to help. Kc was first because well...she lives under the same roof as me but she is not so good at the formal wear as she has informed me of this on multiple occasions. Then Christy, naturally, was next on my list and I get an affirmative. Then Casey, who is an avid shopper and seems to possess good style. We then set a time and place to rendevous for this outing (which was today).

We began the shopping experience at JC Penny where the first person I saw was Virginia who was a friend of Matt's. We figure out what size jacket I need and proceed to look around. From there we went to various other stores and somewhere in the middle we were shopping for dresses for said women. While you may be thinking that this may be boring, but I get to walk around while they are shopping and look at all the other cute women shopping as well. Although many were too young, I treat it like a menu at The Pillars or something, look all you want but just don't touch.

Anyway, we exhaust our options in the mall and by this time the women are hungry so we hit the Chinese buffet. I ate earlier so I only partake of the sweet tea and chat with the ladies. We then decide that we have one last shot for this day so we head to Burlington Coat Factory. We could not find a good sports jacket in my size, but we did find some suits. Thus, I now own a suit. I cannot say that I look good in it because i'm quite biased by my own image. But, they said it looks good on me so I have to trust them. Either that or they were just tired of helping me find a jacket ;)

Now that I am a proud owner of a suit, I must find more soiree's to go to so I can get my money's worth out of it. I guess you always need a suit for something but I have gotten by this long without one. Well, I guess I can look all swanky for Jarred and Katie's wedding. Maybe even try my hand at being a 'wedding crasher' a la the movie. Naa...

On banquet news, I think we currently have about 75 tickets sold for it excluding any more department awards tickets. I guess thats not too bad. Now my question is, 'who is going to front the money?' cause none of us in the ACM can afford it. We shall see.

Darnit, I need my guitar now. Especially since I have this spiffy new suit....

~Kisea

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you should wear suits to weddings... especially evening weddings. And the suit looked fine, cut yourself some slack.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home