Monday, April 17, 2006

No big surprise here...

The student advisory council was no surprise, I had prepared stuff to talk about but the talk session was not on the agenda this time. We 'critiqued' some stuff for them after our free breakfast and got out of there. After that Jeremy, Melissa and I talked for quite a while then when it started to get nice and hot we went to the ACM office. We talked some more then gave into the Quake urge.

Saturday was the crawfish boil over at Mark's house. I got there about 2pm and didn't leave until about 2am. The sausage was a bit spicy but the crawfish was pretty good. I would not say I love it but it was pretty good. There should be plenty of pictures from this event on the webpage in the near future. Kenny and Kc came as well as Vickie (Vicky?) and her two brothers who were in town from elsewhere. Finally, Kc makes a nurse friend which isn't crazy (lol i had to say it). After the crawfish we played a couple games of Halo 2 and then we broke out the Munchkin. Four hours and two games later Matt and I leave.

Sunday, I was kinda useless. I was tired and stuff but I did watch Doctor Who. I do believe that I will like David Tennant very much, I came to this realization after watching Doctor Who Confidential where he was wearing an Atari t-shirt. But, he is a good actor and plays the role well.

Today, I found out that the professor who was going to drive the group up to MSU for the programming contest had to bow out for some reason. So, today I was scrambling to find a replacement to drive the SGA van. I have to admit, there is something wrong when the faculty is more lazy than the student body. Exhibit A: I gave the faculty a survey to fill out to help the ACM guage their interest for speaker events and to this date I have received a grand total of 4. Exhibit B: every faculty kinda laughed and said no when we asked them to do this for us. But one good thing, most of the faculty avoid me because they think I may ask them for something.

Also, we are working on a couple things for the ACM. We are working on an RSS feed for the events page, a website for the programming contest this fall, and a cafe press site to help benefit the ACM. We currently have a store at CafePress.com/ACMSouthAlabama where all of the proceeds go to the ACM. We want to replace some of the computers and monitors we have in the ACM Office but this takes money. We also want to boost the Innovative Hardware fund up and we always want to contribute to the scholarship fund. So, keep checking the cafepress site for new stuff being added and if there is something in particular you want then email the ACM chapter.

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home