Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sweet, corporate sponsorship

Well, the ACM's plea for funding has fallen on sympathic ears. We received confirmation from Elevator World here in Mobile that they will be donating and we received another confirmation that SSI will donate $250 and send two representatives to the banquet. This is quite awesome. This really helps us with lowering ticket prices to the students and faculty somewhat. We are still waiting for our late budget request to come before the SGA for approval which would take care of location expenses. We already recieved approval for $500 co-sponsorship for food costs.

That reminds me, the ACM is having a bowling night at the place on Florida Street which I think is an AMF place. I think we have 5 lanes reserved from 8pm till 11pm. So, if you want to join us bring some cash and a friend or two and come out to bowl with us.

Moving on I woke up to the news that Dana Reeve, the wife of Christopher Reeve, died last night from lung cancer. Then yesterday I read that Kirby Puckett died after surgery for a stroke he had, they were 44 and 45 respectively. This is on top of a couple more deaths from celebrities and friends families. Its quite sad. Many of them I don't really know.

However, I do remember when I was a kid up in Cullman watching baseball and thinking if Kirby can do it so can I. Its quite amazing, he was 5' 8". Not tall at all but played with the heart of someone who was 6' 7". I was playing baseball and wanted a real wooden bat, in the little leagues and stuff they use aluminum bats but I wanted a wooden one because of the major leagues. The baseball bat I got was the Kirby Puckett signature edition from Louisville Slugger. I was very proud of that bat although it was too heavy for me to really swing but I kept at it until I could swing it and hit the ball. So the news of him dying was quite saddening to me.

I finally gave Thor a bath yesterday, which I have to admit was quite overdue. Once he got wet he was a bit smelly but he was really good during the bath and smells good now. He amuses me so much, I feel that if I didn't have him around I would be much more stressed out about stuff but he keeps me relaxed.

Matt and I met at Picklefish tonight for some $3 long island ice teas which were quite good. We talked and laughed about stuff. Watched the USA basketball team manhandle Western Kentucky to win the Sun Belt Conference championship and get a spot in the NCAA Tournament. Several cute women came in during the course of the night but, as always, I am unable to find a way to speak to them. I guess I need someone to help mentor me in the ways of mingling and conversing with people other than computer nerds. Not saying computer nerds are uncool by any means, we are the some of the coolest people you will ever know (except when certain people gets all geeky and obsessive about World of Warcraft). Anyway, I'm still feeling the al-kee-haul so I will end this post now.

~Kisea

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the perfect thing to help you talk to the ladies. I will be at Picklefish tomorrow just to give it to you!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home