Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Febe...

Febe stands for Firefox Extension Backup Extension which I just stumbled across and I forsee it being quite handy. A problem I run into is whenever I have to reload windows is that its kinda difficult to get it back to the way I had it before the reload. I have been almost a year on this install and in a year you can make a lot of changes to stuff. The first thing I install after reloading an OS is Firefox but looking through all of the extensions out there to find what I had or something similar is quite tiresome. This is where Febe comes in. Febe will take the extensions you have installed and actually make them into an installable .xpi format file. So when you have to reinstall all you have to do is find where your .xpi is, install it and away you go in utter bliss. Also, a problem I have is that the extensions I have on my desktop do not match my notebook. I can now use this .xpi to have the browsers uniform across my notebook and desktop. Quite a handy little thing. Obligitory link here.

There are tons of extensions out there for things from autocopy, which automatically copies text which you highlight, to one that changes your proxy server every 60 seconds to be harder to pinpoint and a session saver which is the sole reason why a friend of mine uses Opera version 5 or so. If you want Firefox to do something it doesn't or you want it to do something different then most likely there is an extension out there to do just that. Check some of them out. If your not using Firefox then what are you waiting for? Its safe and secure, it runs extremely well and the number of popups are drastically reduced.

Its the best thing since god created Tomatoes ;)


~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home