Wednesday, February 01, 2006

woohoo

Well, the new machines for the labs have came in...well at least 4 of them have. They are supposed to be P4 3GHz, 1GB ram, 80gig hdd and 17" LCD monitors. They ordered a total of 10 machines, 4 for the Real-time lab to go along with the new software from Mentor Graphics. The other six will somehow be spread across the cscb 100 and 110 labs, I suppose for Thesis and Project work.

Matt and I met Doug and Casey at the .NET Users Group meeting last night. It was quite insightful about SQL Server 2005. They gave away several door prizes including a copy of "Head First Design Patterns" which I really wanted but was not on the receiving end. However, everyone got a coupon for 30% O'Reilly books. Doug even won a copy of ".NET Gotchas". I do look forward to trying to attend future meetings, anything that adds to my knowledge is good in my opinion.

Trying to set up a speaker event for Friday Feb. 17th tentatively entitled "What is the GPL and why might you choose Linux".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home