Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weekend in review...

Horst came and give his presentation about Mac OS X. I was quite humbled by how well everything integrates. The software works seemlessly together, is very intuitive and quite visually pleasing. I will consider purchasing a Mac now for certain things. Two faculty spoke to me on Friday telling me how much they liked the presentation and the speaker. Horst came to Picklefish Thursday night and was looking for some feedback, well Horst you had Dr. Zhou and Dr. Johnsten applauded you for your presentation saying very good things. If any of you wish to visit his page its TheHorst.com where he publishes his podcast.

Well, I continue saying it but I continue doing the same thing. Walmart on Sunday's is crazy. I try not to go there but dangit if I don't continue going. The most disturbing thing is how people act. Someone will sit in their vehicle for someone to empty an overflowing buggy into their vehicle rather than park three spaces farther away from the front doors. I gladly parked many spaces farther away from this scene and was in the front doors before the car had even parked yet. I should have waited to see how long it took them to finally park, but I have better things to do.

I consider myself a gearhead in many ways. I love to work on vehicles in my spare time, thats why I have a 1968 Ford pickup at home that I really want to restore. I also have my eye on a 1968 Mustang which would match up perfectly with said truck. Anyway, I have been fascinated by a new show on Spike in their 'Powerblock' called 'Muscle Car'. I have been learning great restoration tips and stuff about old cars. They are currently restoring a 1970 Dodge Charger. If you want a good hint as to why this is a familiar car but just can't get the grey matter in your head to put 2 and 2 together, its the car used as the General Lee in 'The Dukes of Hazzard'. Actually, the car they are restoring is one of many used in making the movie. But its really cool and i'm enjoying, I must install my PVR so I can digitally cap the show when i'm not around.

Last weekend I dispatched my mother to retreive a gun for me from a friend. Its a 1943 Mosin Nagant rifle. A russian sniper rifle which fires a 7.62x54R cartridge. I like antique stuff. I got it for $110 which rifles like it in good shape sell for $250-$450 thus i'm quite happy. Can't wait to get home one weekend and shoot it.

Adios amigos
~kisea

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Wachagonnashoot?

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home