Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The saga of BEST and the semi-flat tire

Well, what a weekend. Thursday, was the picklefish adventure with much yelling about 'GO COCKS'. Twas good with Admiral Skrubby.

But the best part about friday was when I walked out to my truck and saw I had a flat tire. I go to get my trusty floor jack from the shed and noticed the wasps to which I sprayed a liberal amount of anti-wasp lifeforce spray on them and their nest. Killing most, a few were not on the nest and was spared by wrath. So, again I go in to try and retreive my trusty floor jack and again was thowarted by yet another wasp nest. I again load up and spray some anti-wasp lifeforce spray again killing most but a few lucky ones survived. Third time was the charm in retreiving my trusty floor jack.

I get my colapsable four way lug wrench out only to have one of the colapsable arms fall off. So I quest to find my phillips head screw driver and repair my lug wrench. Then, I happily jack up my truck to exchange the flat tire with my trusty spare only to find out when I let the truck down that my trusty spare was quite untrustworthy (IE it was flat). So, again I jack the truck up and put the original back on and give up. I bum a ride to school since by this time I don't have the time to walk to school before the scheduled lab is supposed to begin. After that Dr. R.D. told me that the ACM could plunder one of the rooms upstairs that he is going to make into the SI room. Thus we walk away with plenty of booty in the form of PC speakers. I finally get home around half past sevenish. Then it was pretty good to be waited on at El Toro by Blue himself, even though it was rumored he was dead he works here in Mobile. Then to Doug's for the jam session...i was on the egg-like moracca's until I came to the realization that this white boy has no rhythm.

Saturday was the big day. Woke up at 10 till 5 that morning to shower and stuff for the BEST kickoff stuff. kc and Kenny didn't wake their butt's up till quarter to 7 those lazy bums. Since I didn't have any personal transportation I sat here twiddling my thumbs waiting to be chauffeured to Waffle House for breakfast. We finally arrive at that destination to find Big Joe Duke and Ryan there already finished. They leave, we order, food is consumed, yada yada yada.

We then arrive at Davidson HS to help finish setting up etc for the event. We looked over the nifty field, BJD was being all orderly like. I was put on distribution of kits with Ryan, thus we exit stage right to the awaiting Penske truck with the stuff. We proceed to organize stuff together in such a way that it would be orderly when the kids come screaming at us for their stuff. We then go back inside for skit. BJD was great at cutting a fake lawn with an edger BTW. (skip ahead) So, we realize that just myself and Ryan would not be enough to distribute the kits so we enlist the help of Kc and Vicki. This proved to be most profitable, they did the face to face work with people and we ran around the inside of the hot penske truck getting their stuff.

We then adjourn to Ruby Tuesday for lunch. Bama game started at half past two and we left RT at three. So I was like a cat on a hot tin roof. I was anxious and nervous to go and watch the game. Maybe I shouldn't have watch cause turnovers killed us, but it was good to see Shula be more aggressive instead of conservative. I see John Parker Wilson being a very good quarterback, but his lack of starting experience does show up from time to time.

We then go to BJD's for smoked meat on bones and boy was it delicious. He claimed it was overcooked and dry. If it was I happened to get three of the finest pieces in the pile. Casey made some awesome mac-n-cheese and kc came through with some great banana pudding. We posed for pics with Katie (Wisc) to show her Wisconsin friends that she does have friends in the Southland and yes we are like team-uber-awesome-coolness. I also remembered to give her an important piece of wardrobe for her halloween costume.

So, I got home around half past midnight and crashed. Kc went home earlier because she had to work Sunday. I wake up on Sunday with nothing to do again because of two flat tires. I considered taking the tire off and walking it to the Shell station near the house but thought that would not be good since there is a nice slopy hill between point A and point B. I then go out and survey the possibility of driving on said 'flat tire' (it wasn't completely flat but for all intents and purposes it was flat with 5 lbs of air pressure) and I decided against that. I had made semi-plans to go watch a movie while being accompanied by Vicki but I had to cancel due to my tires being flat on one side. Eventually, I get ahold of Matt and he brought over his fathers air compressor and aired up my two flat tires (thanks again Matt).

So, I lounge around the house doing little other than washing my clothes and watching either History Channel, Discovery Channel or Animal Planet. Monday comes along and I get up at 7 so I can get to Fausak's early and get my tired fixed ASAP. They open at half past seven, which is the time I arrive but a mongolian hoard apparently arrived the 60 seconds before I did and set me back an hour plus worth of reading Time magazine. Should have brought my GBA blast it. I finally get home and chill again, watching more History Channel about WWII and the nazi's.

I again awaken at seven this morning to get an early start on the day. I was supposed to fill in for Dr. M.D. for real time and AI but he somehow got off jury duty (I wouldn't want the putz on my jury either). So, real-time we had them work on their project and AI I gave a semi-presentation about robocup (yawn).

Had class talking about database normalization when inheriting a database like a flat file. Pretty cool stuff. Came home and watched the season premiere of Veronica Mars. AWESOME SHOW!! Kristen Bell is smokin' hot!! She could solve my mystery any day LOL.

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home