Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The beginning

Well, its time for another fall television season. Tonight House starts season 3 on Fox at 7pm central. Yesterday, I spent a majority of the day watching 'Dirty Jobs' on the Discovery Channel. Very good and quite funny, many of the jobs I would never want to do (obviously).

While watching Discovery, I saw a commercial for Ted Koppel on Discovery and what they were promoting for Sunday was quite interesting and I thought it was blog worthy. He will be examining the impact of increased security measures on civil liberties. He will be speaking with current and former administration members. He will also speak with military and security to experts detail the war on terrorism. It will then be followed by a town meeting at the national war college with an audience that will include 9/11 victim's families, civil libertarians, administration officials and members of congress. Viewers can comment via email while the meeting is being held.

This will air Sunday, September 10th on Discovery Channel. I would urge you watch. While I support the 'war on terror', however I do not condone the narrowing of our civil liberties to do so. So watch and learn.

~Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home