Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Affordable Mithril...

Earlier in the week or last week (who's keeping track) I got an email from some person on campus giving me information about concerts, etc. After getting six in one day I guess I just deleted them all without fully reading them (spam). Then kc pointed out one was about some Celtic music (interest meter pegged).

I was all over going to it (especially the $3 part, hence cheap mithril...heh). Because they had so many people attend last time they performed (summer equinox), they decided to have two concerts, one on Wednesday night and one on Thursday night (fall equinox). So, I went early (sick Kenny) to get four tickets (one for Vicki as well).

I sat on the bench (outside) and a uniformed army'ish guy came over and started chatting (not very interesting). Then along came Kenny (better) and kc (roommate) for their tickets (which I had). Then moments after that Doug(gie Doug) and Casey (excellent style) walked up from dinner (sabor a mexico excersion) and they had to get tickets (tickets for whom I did not procure). So, I sent them on inside to get seats while I waited for Vicki (still on bench). Thank goodness the army dude went inside as well (my ear was happy).

Vicki came up a few minutes later (parked in boonies) and we entered the recital hall (nice place). We found our way up to the rest of the crew (previously mentioned foursome with the inclusion of Teddy (spaz) and Matt (Mr. Cool himself)). So, we make our way across the isle (isn't pronounced how it is spelled) to two seats. Guess who was one seat beyond our two seats.......Mr. Army dude again (BLAH). So to keep from having him possibly annoy Vicki, I do the good thing and volunteer up my body (rofl) to shield her from army dude (annoying). I basically ignore him (kinda felt bad but dude your annoying) for the rest of the night.

We chit chatted bout Notre Dame football (Fighting Irish) and Auburn/LSU game (stolen win, aubies should be ashamed) and other stuff. Then the concert started.

I was mezmerized by the violin and the irish drum thingie (awesomeness doesn't cover it). Each and every one of them were excellent during the performance. As much as I love the violin, the drum solo during 'the celtic silk road' piece is what sticks out in my mind (wish I could play the violin). I would have to give them mad props for a job well done (Bo Bice still sucks donkey b@11z) . Check out Mithril's website here.

The cbot will be going in for repairs soon, I wish her well and sorry, but your upgrade is compulsary (should be read with a Cybermen tone). She will be returned to us as Cbot.2 (doctor who reference).

Coming up: ACM Mini golf trip on Saturday, Alabama football weekend in review (yes, from yours truely), Hawaiian potluck looks like it will be 10/14 @ Casey's (E-vites will be in the mail soon), and Bayfest reviews in the coming weeks. ACM's 2nd annual Fragtoberfest (get your game on).

Things on the agenda which have not been planned: Munchkin night across the bay (space or regular matters not), Who-a-thon (DVD's), and possibly another Anime night (Japanese cartoons).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I gotta know...
What is my parenthetical description?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

You'll have to wait and see..

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home