Monday, August 28, 2006

Oh the wonders of the Internet

The internet is a wonderful tool, you can use it to help resolve arguements, help write your paper, find out why your computer blue screens, and help you find that function call or parameter list that you need.

Then there are times when it becomes a burden. I stay connected to my IM clients all the time at home, I sort of use it as a way for people to leave me a message even when i'm not at home. I try to respond as soon as I can to things. But there are times it gets in my way. I try to ignore it but gosh darnit, I just can't seem to do it.

Well, i'm taking ISC 561 this semester with Dr. Pardue. I am excited about this course and the first week has not been a let down. In the CS courses, the enrollment is in the teens, I think somewhere around 17ish for real-time and probably about the same for AI and Algorithms. But when I walk into the ISC course, boom 42 students. Could it be the difference between approaches? I believe so, the CS part seems to have their approach forged in the dark ages with no regard to how the times have changed. While the ISC guys seem to keep theirs somewhat dusted and, dare I say, polished.

Yesterday, I was asked to deliver lunch to kc and some coworkers at the hospital, to which I replied 'sure'. I didn't have much going on and thought getting out of the house would be good. So they order from Ruby Tuesday and I pick it up and deliver it to the 5th floor. I sat and chatted with kc, Jennifer, and Debbie (?) for a bit while they ate. While I was there kc told me about Jan's (picklefish) picture was in the paper from Beerfest (not the movie). So I picked up a paper on the way home. I then proceeded to cut the grass and spray some round up.

I came inside and practiced what little I know about SQL on Dr. Pardue website for his classes. Watched some Extreme Engineering and Mythbusters (in the background while doing the SQL stuff) till The 4400 and The Dead Zone came on. After that, 5 others and myself played some Battlefield 1942 and Desert Combat mod until......oh......1:30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home