Thursday, October 05, 2006

Review and stuff

Well, last nights episode of Lost was really good. But I have been asking myself several questions such as what is the significance of the song at the beginning of the episode? The name Ben? What is this community? Why did they force the kid to appologize to Sawyer? What happened to Kate from breakfast until she was caged? What did Ike mean when he said 'You're not my type'? There's more questions lingering but I think I want to begin with these first.

Battlestar Galactica starts this Friday on Scifi and for you fans out there, on the website there are a number of webisodes which span some of the time between the season 2 finale and the season 3 premiere so go check them out.

Additionally, Doctor Who series 28 (David Tennant) began airing on Scifi last Friday.

Well, its official. I am team coach for the ACM Regional Programming Contest which is going to be held at two sites. The primary is Georgia Southern and the secondary site will be South Alabama. Alabama, Auburn, and Birmingham Southern are the schools that I know are going to be present at USA thus far. So between now and the programming contest I have lots of preparation to do, both for hosting and the team. All of the participants wanted to practice so they are not embarrassed at home, thus for the last few weeks we have been running some problem solving practices. Some of the more serious ones are showing good progress, others tend to be more distracting. This week, I plan to seperate the distracting team from the teams who are trying to concentrate and see if I get better results.

Oh, one last thing. We are having a fundraiser for hardware for the ACM Office. Our printer is on its last leg, we have two computers which can barely run Eclipse, and hopefully we can beef up the server as well. So for this, we are having a Chili cookoff. We have not decided on entry fee yet so if any of you have a suggestion please feel free to shoot me an email. This will be open to anyone who wants to participate. The leftover proceeds will be donated to the ACM Scholarship fund. I think the date is sometime in November so start getting your chili recipes out cause you will have to compete against mine as well.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home