Friday, October 06, 2006

Replacement

Well, I got one of my replacement hard drives in the other day (a few months ago I had not one but two Maxtor model 7L300R0 300gig hard drives kick the bucket). In the past, I had been sent larger hard drives than what I had but this time I got an identical drive, much to my chagrin. When you have two identical drives die within 3 days of each other you just want to drop kick them across the road. Well, its installed and formatted but Maxtor will have to earn my trust back. I know its been purchased by Seagate but even the name pisses me off right now.

The Chili cookoff is slated for December 1st hopefully in the Student Center quad. Proceeds to benefit the ACM Scholarship fund.

Bayfest starts tonight but there's nothing interesting for me to go see tonight, especially Michael Bolton. I would much rather wait till tomorrow and enjoy the lineup on the Pepsi stage. Saturday Top of the Orange (saw them last year and they were really good), Evans Blue (bio sounds good), 10 years ("The alternative-metal group, 10 Years was formed in Knoxville, TN in 2002. The band has created a huge following with their Tool and Incubus induced, energy driven melodies."), Hinder (has a recent song that sounds pretty good), and Shinedown (staring down the barrel of a .45 is pretty good).

Then on Sunday Hamelin sounds pretty good with lots of acoustics and catchy melodies, Ugli Stick seems pretty cool, Sister Hazel whose show at soul kitchen was disappointing but their show before that at the Mitchell Center was great....hopefully this will make the 2 for 3, and finally The Wreckers....all you need to know is this group consists of two hotties, "The Wreckers were formed when Michelle Branch recruited her longtime friend and backing singer Jessica Harp, who, at the time, was en route to signing a record deal of her own on a new musical venture, incorporating elements from both Branch's pop-rock style and Harp's classical style to form a unique-sounding ensemble. Thus, The Wreckers (short for "homewreckers") were formed, and they were signed to Maverick Records." Unfortunately, the sample music on their website sounds more country than the pop music I think of when I hear 'Michelle Branch' but oh well, two cute chicks playing music....i'm there.

BTW, one year later and Bo Bice still sucks. Thank goodness he has fallen out of the spotlight, hopefully this will be permanent. Taylor Hicks can't dance and can barely sing but he has a ton more talent than you Mr. Bice.

Peace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BWAH! Clueless is as clueless blogs.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u r an i d i o t

8:45 PM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

i r not an i d i o t. ROFL

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home