Wednesday, August 02, 2006

More Thor updates

Well, early Tuesday morning (4am) Thor woke me up by falling off the bed due to the beginnings of a seizure. This time I got to record a video of it for the vet. So, my birthday was spent kinda hanging around the house with some close friends and going to the vet's office.

The vet put Thor on Sodium Bromide now to try to prolong the time between seizures. In addition, we are cutting Wheat from his diet. His dog food I already get him doesn't have wheat but all of his treats did. So I gave them all to another friend for their dog and got Thor some replacements.

Then, late yesterday evening the air conditioner decided to konk out. Apparently, the sump pump failed and was cutting off the compressor outside. Needless to say it was quite warm in the house.

Then around 11:15pm he had another seizure. But this time it wasn't nearly as violent nor was the recovery time afterwards took as long as previous.

Today, the AC sump pump was replaced and all is now good in the house. Its nice and comfortable in the house again.

I hope that it gets better. Right now since I am giving him the 'loading dose' of sodium bromide, he is pretty lethargic. Hopefully after we finish the loading dosage and get to the day to day dosage, he won't be as sleepy.

Also, a few friends and I have gotten copies of Battlefield 1942, one has graciously hosted a teamspeak server on his domain, and are ready to get together and play online. I got a joystick to aid my flying.

In trying to find a good joystick I was quite disappointed. What is considered, arguably, the best is not being made in China with quality problems (Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS). The other one that other people to be the best while being better priced is the Saitek X52 HOTAS. When I went to Best Buy and Circuit City to look them over I was extremely disappointed at the centering spring. It was very, very weak. I am used to the Thrustmaster TopGun which is stiff, more like actual flight controls. So, I saw the Saitek ST290 joystick which had a stiffer spring and a built in throttle flap. I didn't really need the throttle with a HOTAS system, unless I get into flight sims so this is just fine. Plus, its much cheaper than the Cougar or X52.

Anyway....good night

~Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home