Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My 150th post on Independence Day...

Although its a joyous day, today is a depressing one to me. On a 'normal' 4th of July, I would try to be at home and make a trip out to my Aunt and Uncle's house where we would have homemade ice cream and steak. But not this year, today is sad because i'm still trying to get over the sudden death of my best friend. He is usually in charge of the grill while I kinda watched the ice cream. We would play some playstation2 games before and after.

In other news, STS-121 has finally commenced with the launch of Space Shuttle Discovery this afternoon. No significant foam loss was detected in early reviews of video. I was listening in on NASA TV online and one of the crew was recording the external tank after seperation and noticed what he said was 4-6' or 6-8' long piece of fabric floating away. This could be some of the insulation from the top of the shuttle, which is not tiled. I feel this will all be okay and look forward to the Shuttle's scheduled rendevous with the ISS and their successful return. God Bless.

In entertainment news, myself and Shanon from the ACM went to see Superman Returns last week. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brandon Routh was excellent as the 'man of steel' but Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) was quite lacking IMO. If you haven't seen it, go but beware its about 2.5hrs long.

*SPOILER ALERT - Pirates of the Caribbean 3*
Also, its been confirmed by Jerry Bruckheimer that Keith Richards will make a cameo role as the father of Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) .

~Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home