Saturday, March 04, 2006

Game night

Well, after hearing a couple people may not show up and others not showing up at at all, I seriously considered cancelling but words had been spread wide and I simply could not. Kc was off of work and a couple people had made special plans just to make it so I felt obligated to do it. It was quite a surprise that we had 16 people show up for a game that many had never heard of. Lots of fun was had by all attendees once we figured out why the server had a 10 player limit instead of 64. I'm glad we did it and maybe after we all recouperate from this experience we can have another one.

I was quite happy with my machine, after several consecutive games of Savage I check my processor temp and it was a chilly 83 degrees Farenheit. At something close to idle, the processor temp was 73 degrees Farenheit or 23 degrees Celcius for those European folks. While my case does have 11 case fans, its much, much quieter than Beast (Athlon XP machine) which really is still my primary desktop machine at home.

I think the biggest shame of the night was Adam's machine, a dual core Athlon64 machine with dual SLI x1300 video cards and 2GB of memory. While i'm quite certain the machine would have more than handled anything we could throw at it, he could not get it to detect the network and thus never actually played with us on his machine.

Maybe I should clean my room now...
~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home