Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The votes are in...

Well, we had elections today to fill the posts which were vacated by the mass resignation of the previous ACM members and they voted me President of the ACM. Mark McCleary won VP, Rick Green Secretary and we have co-Treasurers. Some other people I don't really know got some of the other stuff like publicity, speaker chair and such so I'll have to get to know them. But I think the major posts are in good hands now that we can actually run it.

Rick Green an adult part time IT major who has a good working knowledge of Linux from work is going to give a presentation Friday February 17th at 3:00 in FCE 17 entitled "What is the GPL and why might I consider Linux". I will plug this again closer to the presentation date. Rick is the public relations office for South Alabama Linux Users Group and he will be giving a presentation with a second person on KDE this saturday. SALUG meets every second saturday of the month at 2pm, more information can sought from http://www.salug.org if you are interested.

~Kisea

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute ye, Mr. President!

8:06 AM  
Blogger MadDogGTO said...

Yeah, and Mr. President has already let the power go to his head some. After he was elected I found out I was doing their website. Doing, not asked to do. Haha. Its all good, needed to be active in ACM anyhow.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

HAHA

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home