Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Raiding we will go....

NO, I am NOT talking about World of Warcraft you crack heads! I just completed a transaction which will net myself one of the 3ware Escalade 8port Raid controllers which I have been trying to get. But, now that I have purchased one I have realized that I now need between 4 and 8 hdds to put on the card for it. Crap.

In other news, the ACM now has a Cafe Press store so go check it out from time to time because I may be placing some of my original ideas on tshirts there. All proceeds from the sales go to the ACM to fund fun things such as Speaker Events, game nights, movie nights and the such. Mark and I have been putting alot of time into the ACM lately to try to 'turn it around' from the mismanagement by previous officers and mentors (NOT Langan). I know some of you are not fond of the ACM or what it 'used' to be, but believe me there are some good people in place now and we are seeing the difference. Hopefully, in the not too distant future there will be some cool computer wear on there that you would like to order at a reasonable price, which will also benefits the ACM. The link is http://www.cafepress.com/ACMSouthAlabama

Also, we have the webserver up and running Kubuntu Linux now with Apache. While there is a lack of website we are one step closer to having a presence on the web again, which is MUCH overdue.

Thursday at 3:00PM in FCE 19 is the second part of the Python workshop series presented by the ACM and Mr. Whitston. All are welcome and refreshments will be available.

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home