Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What a nice day...

Today was a very nice day, the sun was shining, clear sky, it wasn't too hot nor too cold. It was a nice day.

So, was it an omen of how the courts in America are turning when a piece of the marble adorning the Supreme Court Building fell off and busted? While I now consider myself a Republican by and large, I do feel that a somewhat balanced court is needed. Alito and the previous nominee both scare me somewhat. While I do not condone killing, I do believe that abortion is a choice best left to the woman going through the situation, not a judge in a court room. What that person decides is between her and God and she will have to deal with that in due time. But moving beyond that issue, there are other issues which are important. What seems like the ever widening provisions for the PATRIOT act, the seemingly bottomless pockets that the *AA have pushing their own agendas. Like the MPAA and others pusing the broadcast flag passage. Many of these things will most likely end up in the Supreme Court at some time or another. Maybe the judicial system is falling apart. Maybe this country is skating on a razors edge, teetering on falling one way or the other. We do have a voice in the battle. Thats why I signed up for emails from EFF to notify me of things that I can do to help. Hopefully soon I will have a job and start making decent money myself and I can donate to the EFF for the good work they do. But we cannot depend on them to do everything, we have to contact our senators and representatives. We have to vote, while it may seem like a 'lesser of two evils' thing, we must make our voices heard.

Thats what I have to say today...
~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home