Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A case of the blah's...

I'm sitting here trying to study for my exam tomorrow evening and I just don't feel too motivated. Yes, we are moved but as anyone know it takes time to get settled. I haven't been sleeping too well, i'm not able to find many things i'm looking for from time to time. But i'll get settled in eventually.

It has been nominated by cbot to go to Picklefish downtown, any objections or agreements? Picklefish (downtown), Picklefish (USA) or Los Arcos again. Lets hear something.

I'm taking Langan's Programming Language Concepts class (csc 524) and I was just wondering, what is your language of choice and why. More importantly the why part of the question. So leave some comments about this. Me, I have really enjoyed C#. Some would say its too slow, like Java but not so. I think the latest study has Java on average only 2.5 times slower than C++. So, if your C++ code takes 1ms to run then on average the Java equivalent would take 2.5ms. You think about C# being only Windows, yeah thats true right now but it has promise in the future of having the .NET framework implemention on other platforms. If C# is to ever grow large like M$ wants it to be then yes it WILL have to be implemented on other platforms. So, unless I really NEED to get every little bit of efficiency out of my application then I would prefer C#. Event the best programmer still has problems with memory leaks in C++, it can be frustrating to track them down and fix it. You don't have to worry about this in either C# or Java, you have a safety net at minimal cost. There's my two cents, lets hear what you have to say.

~Kisea

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extended BASIC

I don't need no steenking object orientation!!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

BASIC is for sissies....just kidding. I actually started programming in high school on Apple IIE's with BASIC and then my first programming class at junior college was Quick BASIC. Very boring classes I must add.

Wish you would leave your name so we could make fun of you :)

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bigjoeduke...did not fel like logging in at the time

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My current favorite is PHP. Its only good for web programming, I know, but it is sure alot of fun to play with. And they are currently extending it for use in linux and windows applications...woohoo

11:01 PM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

PHP is something that I would like to mess around with when I actually have time to 'mess around'.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home