Sunday, November 06, 2005

My room....

I liken my room to a frequency ordered list...the more I use stuff, the easier it is to find. But this doesn't help with the stuff that I don't use quite as often yet need urgently. Oh well, life goes on. Can you tell that i've been studying for Hain's exam coming up this next week? Maybe the next time (if) I move, I will have to make sure to take some time out and amortize while I pack (for those who don't know what amortize means, it can be basically sumed up as doing extra work up front in order to do less work later IE organize rather than blindly put stuff in boxes).

I had Langan's exam on Thursday, it well fairly ok. I hope I did well. Thursday night's Picklefish wasn't too bad....but it wasn't too good either. It was the first time I had been to the Dauphin Street Picklefish, which was cool but the atmosphere was....lacking to say the least. I guess the old Picklefish will become the new Picklefish which was the old Picklefish to begin with....i'm confusing myself....in other words, I guess Picklefish will continue to be the hangout for the peeps (DISCLAIMER: with the occasional visit to Los Arcos for hugely large margaritas).

Kc is flying with her mother to San Diego or San Fransico...some San city in California on Monday through Friday, so I will be charged with house protection, cleanliness, and pet duties. She is supposed to be carrying a camera and Kenny's notebook, I am hoping to get some insightful remote bloggage while she is out there.

I was a bit disappointed by the sparse amount of comments on my previous post about 'what is your favorite programming language'. Only BJD and Jarred commented. So I shall challenge you again....what is your programming language of choice and why? Are you a Lisp fan? How about Prolog? Or maybe Orca or Occam? Or are you just a plain ole C or C++ person? PL/1 anyone? We know Larry Wall likes Perl, if you get a chance read ANYTHING he writes he is a nut. His state of the onion post (the current state of perl) had a spy theme, his interviews in Sebesta's textbooks for Language Theory are just as zany.

Anyway, I installed another new 300gig hdd friday which brings my total storage capacity in beast (primary desktop) to 1,280 gigs (*Note: 1gig = 1,000,000,000 bytes according to hdd manufacturers, so my 300gig hdd is actually 279gigs of formatted space). Yippie...

~kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home