Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What a day...

Well, the costume is coming together slowly. I got some more major stuff for it today, lets see if the rest can come together nicely.

I now have the phone and cable set to be moved on Friday to the new place. Comcast was quite easy to get ahold of and schedule, however Bellsouth was more difficult and time consuming. Monday they were swamped due to Hurricane Wilma, then more of the same today but I finally got through. Bellsouth, was trying to sell me on other features. First thing was long distance, he asked if I wanted that and I replied evenly "no". He then continued to ask me if I made long distance calls, again I said "no, and no I don't want long distance." Next he asked if I wanted Directv, again I said "no" he then proceeded to ask if I had or was going to get cable and I said "yes, but I still don't want directv". So then he asked for a contact number like a cell phone, I gave him my cell phone number in certain terms that it is to only be used this one time and never again, he stated that it is only for such purposes. But then he asked if it was a Cingular wireless phone service, I replied, "no, its verizon and no I don't want to consider switching." After what seemed like an eternity, it was finally over and the tech was scheduled for Friday...yippie.

The new place has gas heat and range, this will be quite interesting with the projected cost of natural gas usage this winter costing on average 35%, or about $365, more to heat your home this winter while electricity is expected to go up a modest 3%, or about $38, this winter. Mom said her price for natural gas went from about $1.2x to $1.7x per gallon or whatever they measure it by. Thats an increase of roughly 40%, maybe I need to invest in more blankets...

Back the Alabama beat, I just read an interesting blurb. Apparently its just been finalized that 'bama will play Florida State in 2007 at a neutral site...if you call jacksonville neutral. The last time these two teams met was in an Alabama 8-7 victory. Bama holds the edge in this series 2-0-1. In addition, we are supposed to begin a series with Penn State in the near future but the question will be, is Joe Pa still going to be coaching that far in the future.

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home