Monday, October 03, 2005

Good news...sorta

Well, Alabama won in a very exciting way. It shocked many of the reporters and has vaulted the team into #7 on the AP poll and #10 in the USAToday coaches poll. However, during all of this one of the very talented players sustained a season ending injury. Tyrone Prothro, on a fourth down pass into the endzone appeared to break both bones in his lower leg, very gruesome to watch on TV. I know all of the Tide nation wishes him well and a speedy recovery. One of my hometown fellows, Wesley Britt, had a similar injury just a couple short years ago and came back just fine and is now playing in the NFL. While, hindsight is 20/20 I personally think that with 4th down and a decent chunk of change for the 1st kick the Field Goal and give the kicker some experience. If you miss it, its just the same as an incomplete pass without the injury to Prothro.

As for the house situation, I talked to our landlord. He has been out of town on business. When he heard about the roof leaking again, he was very appologetic and said he would be out tomorrow to check it out and patch it the best he can in the mean time. He has scheduled a roofing crew to put a new roof on, but they are booked up till sometime towards the end of the month or beginning of next month (depending on the weather). He again appologized about the roof, assured me again he would be out tomorrow, and that he was under the impression that the roof was 'holding its own for the time being'. He said that his helper, Ray, had his cell phone while he was gone and was supposed to check the messages. I told him that he came over to fix the roof when one of the sheets of felt blew loose, but it was raining intermittenly and could not check everything. I failed to tell him he said he would be back on Monday, darnit.

I feel really bad for kc, because while all of this does affect us, it affects her doubly so considering its her room with the majority of the damage. We went and took a closer look at the house across the road. They have picked out the carpet and it will be installed soon. I don't think the house is particularly worth $600/month, considering the 3rd bedroom is a mere 8'x10'. It does have a sunroom that could be used as a bedroom, but then again the washer and dryer are in there and would be a hastle for kc to wash at night in addition to washing just about any time.

But, with all of the rental houses and apartments taken its basically the only option, anything else we have looked at was $950/month which is astronomically out of my price range. I think that if we could hold out for 6 months (length of a typical lease) not only will they be much more places open, but you also have recent graduates moving off elsewhere as well. I'm not saying just wait 6 months, but keep our eyes open and see what comes available in the coming weeks and months. I know, its easy for me to say this because its not my room affected, but if it will make it easier I will volunteer to move into the damaged room, kc and I can trade places if she desires.

Well, back to studying for Hain's exam on Wednesday. If anyone hasn't read Big Joe Duke's blog entry from Friday, do so that is great stuff!!!

Update: I guess I should say that i'm somewhat affraid that if we move over there and I have trouble paying my part of the bills because, while I make decent right now during school, but I don't make squat between semesters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home