Friday, October 21, 2005

How time flies...

Man, it seems like just yesterday it was monday and I was writing a post...next thing I know its friday and I haven't updated all week. Well, tuesday through thursday I was at training over at Mentor Graphics, it was a bit boring but I think I learned something. Typical classes all week, but the most surprising thing all week was my exam grade on Hain's exam....a 95...highest in the class, of course after a scale and such.

I've been slowly packing a few things here and there for the move one week from today. Oh, how i'm dreading it. We still need to do some cleaning over there before we move in. I hope that my new desk comes in by friday because I DO NOT want to put up my folding desk for like a week then have to assemble my desk a week later.

Well, its the third weekend in October. Do you know what that means? Its time for the Alabama Vs. Tennessee rivalry. Alabama 6-0 looking pretty good in the standings sitting in the drivers seat of the SEC West. While Tennessee has a couple tough losses and looking for an upset in this bitter rivalry. 'Bama didn't look particularly good against a very lack luster Ole Miss squad. Was this an indication how much Prothro meant to this offense? I don't think so, the Rebels coach had those guys fired up for a possible upset however, we got to see 'bama in a hard fought game and prevail. The 2:00 drill went great and Christensen nailed a field goal with time expiring to seal it. The defense played well, however i'm still a bit skeptical about the run defense. I think it could be better, but the pass rush is amazing. I was a bit skeptical about the 3-5 defense but those front 3, on several occasions pushed their way through the 5 offensive linemen to pressure the quarterback.

So, how is this weekend going to go? Whoever dominates the running game and keeps the special team errors to a minimum will probably win. Good running game = ball control = control of the clock. I think the Defensive line will have to play at their best because Tennessee always has a good run game and some big strong linemen. Also, it wouldn't hurt if Brodie is as accurate passing the ball as he has been all season. I'm going to call this one conservative because these two teams bitterly hate each other. So I call Bama the favorite by 10 points.

Roll Tide,
~Kisea

UPDATE:
I just found out that Chris C. was involved in an accident on his way home from class last night. Pictures here and here. The pics are pretty bad, and I can imagine its worse to see it in person. I'm just glad he's ok other than the soreness. I thought it would be okay to let everyone know he was ok. Glad your okay Chris, it sucks about your car but from the looks of it, it could have been really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home