Saturday, January 07, 2006

Travel complete

Well, i'm back in Mobile now and glad that the drive is over with. The drive was fairly uneventful, which is good. No traffic problems and better yet no tickets (not that i speed anyway).

I need to get another LCD monitor so I can run my other computer some. I could run it headless but I prefer to have direct access to it. My archives is starting to run over thus I probably need to start looking more seriously at a good case and Raid5 card. In a way it stinks that Maxtor is being bought out my Seagate. I've always been highly satisfied with Maxtor drives and recently started to purchase more new Maxtor drives. The last couple before the recent Maxtor purchases were Western Digitals but the new Maxtor MaxLine III drives are really sweet with 16MB cache 7200 RPM and 5 year warranties. These are really high performers at a good price and run fairly cool so far. Seagates are a bit more pricey so i've never purchased one because the WD's and Maxtors perform so well at a lower price. Hopefully, they will take the best of Seagate and add Maxtor's knowledge and produce some good affordable drives.

So, i guess my shopping list for the next couple months will be: HDD's, Raid5 card, full tower case, good PS (if a good one is not supplied with the case).

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home