Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm tired of this 360 crap...

I keep seeing at different places stories about people going crazy trying to get an xbox 360. This is totally insane. Its bad enough that people are stupid in the first place, but now M$ is playing right at them creating this artificial shortage of xboxes knowing that if a commodity is in short supply, people want it more. Why do we have such an ego thing going that we must have the new thing first in order to be the 'cool guy on the block'? There is nothing too special about the console other than it has a PowerPC processor with 3 cores. Whoopty doo. You get beyond that and its just like any other minipc (or toasters and I fondly call them).

M$ even charges a monthly fee for access to its xbox Live online stuff. I have a PS2 with the broadband adapter and guess what...I don't have to pay any monthly fee for online stuff, so suck that M$!! What technical advancements have been made in the xbox....oh, a faster processor and a newer video processor. M$, why are you creating an artificial shortage of xbox supplies, oh so your platform doesn't look like a flop when it comes out because everyone is either waiting for a PS3, Nintendo Revolution, or the xboxes with HD-DVD drives.

Why don't they have HD-DVD drives already, well they were rushing the product to market ahead of the other consoles. But, in order to play games in the very near future they will need a HD-DVD drive for their xbox. So, how is that going to work? Do they have to buy a totally new xbox or can they send it back to M$ for an upgrade, because we all know M$ does NOT want you to open that box up for anything. They have gone out of their way to try and make it difficult for someone to open it. Thank you but no thanks M$...I would rather wait and see how the PS3 performs.

Well, i'm waiting on mom's modem to come in so I can set up her cable service. Why keep DSL at 1.5Mb when she can get cable with 4Mb for the same price. I'm not terribly fond of Adelphia cable, but thats our only choice in this area. What surprised me is that they have a premium service at 6Mb and they forcasting in 2006 to hopefully have a 10Mb service available. We'll have to wait and see, they kept telling everyone that we would have cable internet service available soon, then two or three years later they finally had it available.

I guess thats all the musings for now from Cullman....
~kisea

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I am also looking forward to the Nintendo Revolution. I most likely will not buy one unless I am making lots of money, but it looks like it will be very cool.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

I don't know, nintendo has been going down hill the last couple of consoles they have released. The gamecube could have been much better but they chose to use the mini-dvd disks which really hampered developers and their strict guidelines for what they will allow to be played on their system. However, the gamecube does extremely well with graphics which is a shame in context of the down sides I said about it. I will be eager to see what Nintendo does this time around.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home