Monday, December 26, 2005

What are all these shoes...

Well, I received a nice poker set with 500 chips and a strong looking aluminum case but the case was severly damaged thus mom and I returned it today. Boy, what a lousy day for Belk's to have a 50-20 sale. A 50-20 sale is just about everything if not everything is 20-50% off. While that is good for some people, its not good for people who have to return stuff because the lines are HUGE. Anyway, i'm sure everyone knows that.

Moving on. So, mom decided that I need a new pair of shoes and since they didn't have anymore poker sets she decided to get me two pairs of shoes. Why do I need two pairs of sneakers? I have a firm belief that about three pairs of shoes is sufficient (with a margin of error being +/-2 pairs of shoes). 1) sneakers, everyone needs a good pair of sneakers; 2) Semi-formal/casual, they look nice if your trying to be slightly dressy but are good for casual wear as well; 3) dress shoes/formal shoes, these are for those occasions where you really want to look good. Now, the margin of error I threw in there is for things I may not currently see, I have be a little flexible now one of those could be sandles or something. Anyway, mom opened the closet and my god at the shoes. I swear she has enough in there to supply the female population of several 3rd world contries in Africa.

Why do women have to have a minimum of 4 shoe options per outfit? There are some women who defy this, they merely have a requirement of 2 or 3. But those are the rare and far between minority. After seeing the ginormous number of shoes in her closet, I proceed to the spare room's closet to assess the situation in there. You cannot see the floor in the closet for the mountain of shoes in there. Its unbelievable. I was shocked. How can one person amass such a collection of shoes, I cannot fathom. Now, she probably does not rival Imelda Marcos for shoe queen, but boy does it look like its a contender.

I watched the latest episode of Doctor Who which was dubbed the "Christmas Invasion". It was quite exciting and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the season to air. At the end they showed some minute clips of future episodes. This is what I posted to cbot in chat "K9, Giles and Cybermen Oh My!" Yes, I said Giles if you want to know more ask me. I think I am going to enjoy David Tennant as the new Doctor, he has a genuine love of the character which is evident on screen. It also helps that he has portrayed The Doctor on stage as well. Thus, rock on David, Billie and Russel.

~Kisea

PS: I would like to direct your attention to the links section on the right hand side of the page. I have added a link to 'The Dog House', which is a new endevour for Jeremy who posts on my blog as maddog gto. This is all new to him so I will look forward to reading what he has to say on issues.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Shoes I own:
1 Pair Formal
1 Pair Work (Steel Toe Boots)
1 Pair Sneakers
1 Pair Sandles
1 Pair Casual shoes recently purchased for me as a gift for Christmas. Not sure if I will actually wear them, but we shall see.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Brian Wright said...

See, your within the 3 +/-2 number I proposed :)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home