Wednesday, June 21, 2006

An Open letter to the RIAA...

Hey guys, I know you have issues with people doing anything with music, its quite obvious that you want to be right beside every person on earth when and where they listen to anything remotely considered 'music'. But, come on guys, sending cease and desist letters to people who post videos on YouTube containing music is obsurd.

Every video I have seen on there was about the content, not as a way to 'stick it to the man' by getting around having to have 'appropriately licensed music'. My previous post contained an embedded link to a YouTube video from Dexter Freebish. The CD from whence the song came is no longer in print and is quite hard to get ahold of now. I love the song ever since I heard it on the radio up in the 'ham.

However, I digress again. You are trying to continually narrow the amount of 'fair use' we as Americans have with something we own. You continually draw more and more crosshairs in your direction. Bands are starting to release music freely on the internet, bypassing you. I personally try to only buy CD's in such a way that hopefully more of the proceeds go to the actual artist rather than YOU.

This is a foolish thing to do and I believe you will be punished by the people who your Association really needs to keep it going. We, the consumers, will get fed up with this crap. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later, and put an end to this. I can only hope it happens before it get too bad.

This article from digg spawned my blog entry.

~Kisea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home