Thursday, September 22, 2005

oh man...

Well, i'm going to the ACM programming contest in Melbourne, Florida on October 15th. I have a pretty decent group of people together and I hope to have fun. But the programming environment that is going to be used in the competition is a modified version of Knoppix 3.8. I installed it on a computer to attempt to get used to the environment and quickly came to the realization that KDev sucks. Thankfully we have Eclipse which has plugins for C, C++ and others. But it runs SO SLOW so I may have to use one of my machines with at least 512MB of ram just to run it at a speed which we can work at. While sometimes I critique microsoft, they do have a wonderful IDE, much better than anything I have seen with my limited exposure to Linux. I fully believe that Linux would be more widely adopted if it had an IDE approaching Visual Studio quality. Several Linux guru's code for their linux machine using windows and VS for the advantages of VS. But what do I know, i'm just a student.

Also, for algorithms class i'm looking at writing about Discrete Cosine Transform as used in image watermarking and steganography. If there are any books that you know of please email me or post comments.

~Kisea

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=%22Discrete+Cosine+Transform%22+%2Bwatermarking+%2Bpdf&btnG=Search

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home