Saturday, September 24, 2005

I need more buckets....

Well, Rita landed well west of us but we have still been affected by this one. The feeder band of rains have done a number on our felt roof. It began Thursday evening with some heavy rains revealing a leak in the living room just inside the door. This continued Friday with more rains. Then last night some of the stronger winds blew loose the strip of felt on the front of the gable thing above kc's room. So, being without a ladder I back my truck up to the house, stand on the tail gate and pull it back over the bare wood.

This lasted for a few hours until another feeder band swept through with some of its winds. It was strong enough that the entire strip, on both sides of the gable was blown over. So, I get ahold of the landlord's worker dude, Ray, and he said he will be here ASAP.

He gets here and nails the sheet back in place and we decide the best way to keep it in place is to nail some boards on top of it close to the edge. So he does and said thats all we can do right now, but he's coming back on Monday to try and fix the other leaks the best we can until they can get a new roof put on. Roofers are at a premium right now, obviously.

So, another feeder band blows through a few hours later. The part he fixed was fine, but the living room leaked worse. So we have a mixture of six garbage cans and sand castle buckets in there to catch the rain water. Then kc noticed she has a couple leaks near her computer desk, so she got some sort of tupperware container and I got two 5 gallon buckets to put underneath them.

During all of this, I'm trying to study for a Dr. Langan exam o_O

Well, in good news I got to watch Alabama win 24-13 over Arkansas. At times they didn't look too well however, unlike the previous two years they didn't let some bad play at times get to them and go belly up. This team really has what it takes to make a run at the SEC West title. The other two contenders in my opinion are LSU and Auburn. The next three games will really give more insite into how the West is going to shake out with Florida at home next week, away at Ole Miss, and back home for Tennessee.

I had a bit of a problem with my router today due to a power drop but not a loss of power. I'm now looking into getting a UPS that will handle my router, modem, switch, vcr, tv, and ps2. How large of a UPS do I need? Should I go APC or would CyberPower be a reliable alternative? Please give me some comments about this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted this on lavender's blog, but you guys are more than welcome to crash and or can use the spare room to store stuff if need be.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home