Monday, February 19, 2007

Oh, my Ballmer hurts...

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has blamed all of the pirates out there for the low sales results for their new Operating System Windows Vista. Stevie boy, maybe you should put down the Microsoft Genuine Kool-Aid and drink something else. The pirates aren't the reason why your new OS isn't flying off the shelves. Its your companies stubborn resistance to listen to what your customers want and do not want. This coupled with the lack of drivers for prevalent hardware and incompatibility with lots of existing software and you've got yourself several good reasons not to buy it if you ask me.

I have LEGALLY downloaded my free copy from the MSDNAA partnership website my school has. I have not installed it yet and probably will not unless I am forced to. Hopefully, by then it will be a dual boot with Linux or maybe in VMWare.

I think the best thing I have heard lately was when they sponsored a programming contest at a nearby company. I think they had 3 copies of Vista Home Premium as prizes for the contestants. Obviously, the Xbox 360s went first. But team after team comes up to choose their prizes and skip over Vista. Finally, the last team comes up with a choice between Vista and wireless keyboards (which were meant to be given away as door prizes) and they choose the wireless keyboards. So, instead Vista is given away as door prizes to people who were less than enthused to receive them.

Finally, Mardi Gras 2007 comes to a close tomorrow with the Fat Tuesday celebration. I'll be downtown having fun.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home