Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Residence and pumpkin pie?!?

Thanks to the helping hands last Saturday, all of the major stuff of mine was moved to my new place. Its a 5 bed room 2 bath house that measures 3,000 square feet. The house sits on a corner lot which gives this place a huge yard, so Thor has a large, fenced back yard to play in.

Slowly everything is coming together. Phone service was up when I moved in. Cable was set up today so now I get clear tv reception and I can browse the web again.

A wall had been torn down between two bedrooms which looked bad and made an unevenly large room. Not really with the help of BJD, but more like BJD with my assistance has since began putting the wall back into place. The studs are up and paneling is in place on my side of the wall with a couple nails in it for a little hold.

While the wall is exposed, Shanon and I are going to run coax and ethernet into this wall to do it nicely. Its probably overkill to do it that way but I would rather do a job right than to have it done sloppily (and possibly cause me to lose my deposit).

I paid a visit to my former landlord to give her a check for the last bit of bills and she wanted to show me what she has been doing to my old room. When she flicked on the light, I was assaulted by a huge orange glow. The room is very much orange. Very much pumpkin orange. It really makes you feel like its Halloween and pumkin pie time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home