Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Have you been Rick Rolled yet?

I remember hearing one particular song by Rick Astley when I was growing up in my hometown. Little did I know that some years later it would come back around and be cool again. I'm talking about Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up'.

Throughout the years I would hear snippets of the song here and there. I remembered who it was, forgot, and remembered again. Now its a wild internet meme phenomenon. Even the people who join the group Anonymous, the hacker group protesting the church of $cientology, at protests play the song during their demonstrations. Everyone then joins in and sings the lyrics while waving their signs in time with the music. Quite amazing considering.....I remember when the song came out.

Well, here is the link to the video since embedding has been disabled on most of the videos. This is the VH1 pop-up video version which describes some of the things in the video. Enjoy!

Also, thanks to yougotrickrolled.com here is a great pie chart describing what Rick Astley would never do:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home