Saturday, December 22, 2007

FBI Database

Well, well well. The FBI wants to build the worlds largest biometrics database in the world, named Next Generation Identification, at the cost of a cool $1 billion. This is supposed to give them more ways to identify people at home and abroad in one place. They have already started compiling data for this and expects to award a ten year contract so they can expand the amount and types of biometric info it receives.

But here is the other kicker to this story.
"At an employer's request, the FBI will also retain the fingerprints of employees who have undergone criminal background checks, the paper said."
Again, I am completely apposed to this. The only instance that I am in any way in favor of something like this would be for convicted felons and even then I still have reservations. Knowing that my information could be in that database one day makes me feel that I am guilty until proven innocent.

Update: It has now made the front page of Digg linking to the Washington Post article.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home