Saturday, November 17, 2007

Unconstitutional license check strikes again

On the way home from Doug's Shrimp Boil I was going down Cottage Hill and low and behold I come upon a road block. 'No sweat' I think, I'm not a criminal, I have a valid license, I have insurance and I just got my tag renewed. But as I'm pulling up to the officer, I cannot help but already have that feeling that I have done something wrong.

I was driving down a public road, minding my own business, however I have this feeling that I have done something wrong when I haven't. So, I pull up to the officer finally and he asks for my license, registration and proof of insurance. I get my license and proof of insurance card out of my wallet and get the tag registration out of the glove box. I sit there listening to Better Than Ezra when he tells me that my truck is not on my insurance card. I pull out the second card that I have in my wallet and it too does not have my truck on the card.

So, he informs me that to pull over to the access road to receive my ticket. 'You have to be kidding me' I think to myself, I would not say that out loud because then I would probably be arrested for something he would make up on the spot. I get home and check my documents online with Progressive to make sure that my truck is listed. Currently I have insurance jointly with my mother and she recently purchased a 2008 Ford Escape. Somehow when they added it and removed mom's Explorer, my truck was removed as well. But the temporary has it on there but not the permanent one.

After calling Progressive, my truck is back on like it should have been from the beginning. I have printed out a temporary insurance card for my truck. Now I have 3 days to go to the police precinct and show them my proof of insurance and still pay $20 to clear my name. How stupid.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home