Sunday, September 23, 2007

Better than Ezra at the House of Blues - Sept 14, 2007

Well, I have been a Better Than Ezra fan for a very long time. I saw them live for the first time a few years ago at Bayfest in Mobile. I have wanted to see them again for a while but the real 'itch' started a few months ago. I saw a concert scheduled in Baton Rouge and was planning to go until Doug told me about a concert at the House of Blues in New Orleans, which is much closer.

So, we decided to make a go of it.

Here are some photos of my visit to New Orleans.

Stopped in Waveland, MS and this is two pictures of destruction from over 2 years ago still.Driving into the city I snapped this picture.
Random pictures taken while driving around trying to get to the hotel.


After eating at Pierre Antiones in the French Quarter, I walked down this alley towards Jackson Square to get access to St. Louis Cathedral.

Here are some photos from inside the Cathedral.

Then, obviously, I need a photo of me in front of the Cathedral.
Statue of Major General Andrew Jackson in Jackson Square.
Photo looking back from Jackson square on the statue and St. Louis Cathedral.
Obligatory photo of me, Jackson and the Cathedral.
Photo of the playbill for the House of Blues showing Better Than Ezra for Sept. 14, 2007.
After picking up the tickets, here is a photo from the hotel room showing that General Lee was our protector.
They warned me that the use of a camera during the show would result in me being thrown out, but I had this photo taken after the show while they were breaking down to show that I was indeed there.
The next morning after the show, I snapped this photo of General Lee. The sunlight in the morning was much better at illuminating the side of the statue facing the hotel.
We went to Cafe du Monde across from Jackson Square for Beignets for our breakfast. So, I went up the stairs across from Jackson Square towards the Moon Walk to snap a morning picture of Jackson Square and the Cathedral.
Photo of the horse drawn carriages that are at Jackson Square. They offer tours of the French Quarter, cemeteries and such.
Here is a photo of a building damaged from storm surge and flooding.
An exit from I10 that has been closed since the storm. Its very creepy.
The trip was awesome. New Orleans was great and I cannot wait until I visit again. The concert was superb. While the House of Blues was a fairly cramped space, it was very nice and intimate. I was out on the floor with a lot of people but I wasn't cramped. The only complaint I had was the middle aged woman behind me who was smoking cigarette after cigarette.

Kevin, Tom, and Travis put on one hell of a show and their chemistry and talent show through the concert. If you have not seen them live, its a must see show. If they were to play HOB again next weekend, I would SOOO be there!

Now, how could I not post a couple pictures of Thor while I was at it.
Here he is with his head underneath my pillow.
Again he was asleep on my bed and he woke up when I moved to snap this photo. All he did was open his eyes, not movement. Oh, what a hard life this dog has.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home