Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My bowl review

So, I got some right and some wrong. I picked West Virginia correctly. Auburn stopped Nebraska in the second half to preserve their win. Shockingly, Penn State pulled it out against Tennessee which made me quite happy. I just noticed that I wrote the wrong win loss record for Arkansas yesterday. It was supposed to be 10-2 but I guess I predicted Arkansas to lose and typed 10-3 instead, so I give myself a 1/2 for that one. USC pretty much manhandled Michigan in the Rose Bowl, not close like I thought but I did pick USC.

Finally, Boise State and Oklahoma last night was very exciting. In the last 88 seconds or 1:28 the two teams combined for 22 points to send the game into overtime. In overtime, Oklahoma scored first and kicked their extra point. Boise converted a 4th down to score a TD but instead of trying to go punch for punch with a big school they, smartly, went for a 2-pt conversion. Utilizing the good ole Statue of Liberty play, they stun Oklahoma, Bob Stoops, and everyone but the Boise loyalists in pulling out a stunning win against OU 43-42.

So, my record for the games yesterday was 2.5 for 3.5. Almost .500 but not quite. Tonight, Louisville vs Wake Forrest in which I like Louisville in this game.

Also, Alabama has given Nick Saban an offer to coach Alabama. Reports say its between 8 to 10 years for $40 Million. Hopefully, we will soon hear his decision.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home